From: OpenSource <opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Bryan Dietz
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 8:32 PM
To: Midrange- L <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; IBMi Open Source Roundtable <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [IBMiOSS] Mono Port To IBM i Now Available

I recall this coming up before.

https://www.itjungle.com/2018/10/31/mono-port-to-ibm-i-now-available/<https://www.itjungle.com/2018/10/31/mono-port-to-ibm-i-now-available/>

<snip>
IBM i shops that want to run Microsoft .NET can now do so through the
Mono middleware, which was officially ported to IBM i and AIX earlier
this year by the Mono community. While the port is not feature complete,
Mono can now run on IBM i 7.1 and higher via the PASE AIX runtime. It’s
not a native port, but it’s better than nothing.

Mono is an open source implementation of Microsoft’s .NET Framework,
including a C# compiler and the Common Language Runtime (CLR), that
allow .NET applications to run on non-Windows platforms, including
Linux, MacOS, BSD, various flavors of Linux, and even video game
consoles like Xbox and PlayStation.
</snip>