That's what I figured, but I wanted to ask before making alternative plans. I contacted IBM support, but they seem to be going in circles. Thank you

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Brown [mailto:DBrown@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2018 6:29 PM
To: IBMi Open Source Roundtable <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IBMiOSS] XMLSERVICE, RPGLE & Java error

Justin - been there just recently and it will not work.

I am using XMLSERVICE with PHP and many calls to RPG programs and service program procedures.

To get around this I used data queues to a monitor (never ending program) that receives requests on the data queue, calls the processes that use java and returns the results.

In hind site I am actually happy that that I had to do it this way. There are generally hundreds of XMLSERVICE jobs running on the system, (one site had over 14000) and if everyone of those started a JVM that is a huge amount of resource requirement.

The data queue process is working very well and will scale if needed where I can start multiple monitors to process requests.

If you need more information please let me know.

Don Brown

This thread ...