Hello folks at OpenSource@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:OpenSource@xxxxxxxxxxxx> –

I am attempting to install the “IBM Data Server Driver” on Centos7 Linux to connect to an iSeries DB2 server from the Linux instance, in order to use the Python driver.

I installed the dsdriver from here: https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21385217

And I am following the installation instructions here:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSEPGG_9.5.0/com.ibm.swg.im.dbclient.install.doc/doc/c0023452.html

We are stopped on the step of “Testing client-to-server communications using CLPPlus”

Below, I’ve included the output from CLPPlus during the connection attempt, and a sanitized copy of my “db2dsdriver.cfg”, where the actual username has been replaced with “username” and the actual host has been replaced with “example.com”.

The issue may be that the proper service is not running on port 50001 on the iSeries. Can anyone help by telling us what service does this dsdriver connect to, and what port does the service normally run on?

[jscandora@sfload01.dal01 cfg]$ /opt/ibm/dsdriver/bin/clpplus -nw username@alias1
CLPPlus: Version 1.6
Copyright (c) 2009, 2011, IBM CORPORATION. All rights reserved.

Enter password: ********

[jcc][t4][2043][11550][3.71.22] Exception java.net.ConnectException: Error
opening socket to server example.com/64.135.114.154 on port 50,001
with message: Connection refused. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001

DB250018E: A connection attempt during the CLPPlus environment start sequence
failed. The CLPPlus environment failed to start.

To close this window, press the ENTER key.

[jscandora@sfload01.dal01 cfg]$ cat db2dsdriver.cfg
<configuration>
<dsncollection>
<dsn alias="alias1" name="name1" host="example.com" port="50001"/>
<!-- Long aliases are supported -->
<!--
<dsn alias="longaliasname2" name="name2" host="server2.net1.com" port="55551">
<parameter name="Authentication" value="SERVER_ENCRYPT"/>
</dsn>
-->
</dsncollection>
<databases>
<database name="username" host="example.com" port="50001">
<parameter name="CurrentSchema" value="schemaname"/> <!-- <wlb>
<parameter name="enableWLB" value="true"/>
<parameter name="maxTransports" value="50"/>
</wlb>
<acr>
<parameter name="enableACR" value="true"/>
</acr>
<specialregisters>
<parameter name="CURRENT DEGREE" value="'ANY'"/>
</specialregisters>
<sessionglobalvariables>
<parameter name="global_var1" value="abc"/>
</sessionglobalvariables>
-->
</database>
<!-- Local IPC connection -->
<!--
<database name="name3" host="localhost" port="0">
<parameter name="IPCInstance" value="DB2"/>
<parameter name="CommProtocol" value="IPC"/>
</database>
-->
</databases>
<parameters>
<parameter name="GlobalParam" value="Value"/>
<!-- cmxControllerAccessPolicy : Indicates the impact of DSM or OCM on client applications
Supported values
0 : If DSM or OCM server is unreachable, do not allow the application to start.
1 : If DSM or OCM server is unreachable, allow the application to start only if a cached profile for the application is available.
2 : If DSM or OCM server is unreachable, allow the application to start.
3 : Even if DSM or OCM is reachable, allow the application to ignore the DSM or OCM server.
4 : Even if DSM or OCM is reachable, do not poll for control directives, but send client statistics when available. -->
<!-- DSM and OCM users : Remove comments from the line below and put in the appropriate values for DSM_OCM_hostname and DSM_OCM_port -->
<!--<parameter name="connectionSupervisorProperties" value="httpControllerURL=http://DSM_OCM_hostname:DSM_OCM_port, cmxControllerAccessPolicy=2"/>-->

<!-- OPM users : Remove comments from the line below and put in the appropriate values for OPM_hostname and EIPort -->
<!--<parameter name="connectionSupervisorProperties" value="controllerURL=OPM_hostname:EIPort "/>-->

</parameters>
</configuration>

Joseph R. Scandora
Database Engineer
Office/Skype: 720-452-7501
Mobile: 303-578-9250
jscandora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:jscandora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
5975 S. Quebec St., Ste. 190
Centennial, CO 80111

[cid:03B2DFC4-6A49-4D42-80DE-A6BCF4BDBDE0]

We strive to D E L I G H T every day. Learn more<https://www.intelepeer.com/about-us/core-values/> about our Core Values.

Disclaimer

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more Click Here<http://www.mimecast.com/products/>.

You can respond to this email for this PMR.

Regards,
Skye Harney
IBM i Global Support Center