The only thing I would warn about with the wildcard config is that if you have programs in that library that shouldn't be called you're exposing them to security risk with a wildcard pattern.

If the lib only contains legit CGI callable apps then you're probably OK.

However in today's insecure world I would probably list each potential route in your Apache config so only the programs allowed to be called from the library are callable. Extra safety in case someone slips a program into that library.

Regards,

Richard Schoen
Director of Document Management
e. richard.schoen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p. 952.486.6802
w. helpsystems.com

message: 1
date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 13:44:02 +0000
from: Justin Taylor <JUSTIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [IBMiOSS] [EXTERNAL] Re: Ports and routes needed to
replace very large numbers of green screens.

CGI uses script aliases in Apache for routing. Given this script alias:
ScriptAliasMatch ^/myService/(.*) /QSYS.LIB/MYLIB.LIB/$1.PGM

For any URL that comes in with ../myService/ Apache will assume the next portion of the URL is the program to execute. http://myIBMi/myService/getprice would execute MYLIB/GETPRICE. If today, I create a new program MYLIB/GETSALES, it would automatically be available to Apache.

If you want Apache to access additional libraries, you'd need additional ScriptAliasMatch entries (and potentially <Directory> as well). So far, I'm only using a single library for each of my Apache servers.