Thanks. I'll be looking into this further today but I have also been thinking ahead about how this is going to work if we can get it to compile correctly...

As this module is clearly going to be using AIX Kerberos libraries/functions it's presumably going to be expecting to find the config/keytab files in a certain place, probably under /etc. They probably won't exist there in the PASE environment so I'm wondering if we're going to be faced with the prospect of symlinking to the 'real' IBM i ones (which may have issues with compatibility, conflicts, permissions, etc) or copying the 'real' ones into the expected PASE location (in which case we end up with two copies).

An alternative we were considering was calling out from node to an RPG program via the XML Toolkit which in turn would use the IBM i GSS-APIs to perform the authentication but there doesn't seem to be a lot in the way of documentation or examples on how to use them so we haven't had much luck with this approach.

-----Original Message-----
From: OpenSource [mailto:opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Aaron Bartell
Sent: 06 September 2017 19:00
To: IBMi Open Source Roundtable
Subject: Re: [IBMiOSS] node.js - 'module did not self-register' error

This is way harder than we expected.

Hard today, yes. This is going to become much easier once IBM gets the PASE package manager released. The amount of automation will be soooo much better. [Aaron realizes he has 'Linux lust']

It looks like perzl has gcc 6.3: http://www.oss4aix.org/download/RPMS/gcc/
I am still using 4.8.3 I believe. Please keep the updates coming. Many will use your current hardship for their future success.

Aaron Bartell
IBM i hosting, starting at $157/month. litmis.com/spaces