Hi John,

Check out this micro tutorial I put together for you:
http://krengel.tech/bbs-node-install-local-npm

Question: but Ibm can't help us ?

IBM helps this community very frequently (Kevin Adler, Tony Cairns, Jesse
Gorzinski, etc). To be honest this isn't their problem. I do realize it's
in their best interest to help us along, but they are not obligated to do
so. And for stuff like this, we, the community, should be able to solve
it.

With that said, what we ~should~ hold IBM to is things only they can
address. Specifically, node-inspector not working (issue with the V8
engine as I understand it), the Node.js DB2 driver not being open sourced,
and the Node.js port not being open sourced. You can find each of these at
IBM's RFE page: http://krengel.tech/pase-rfe (you'll need to log in to see
them). That link is a predefined search to only show PASE related RFEs.
Please vote on the ones you'd like to see movement on.

Aaron Bartell
IBM i hosting, starting at $157/month. litmis.com/spaces