There seems to be a general npm issue too.

We have 3 versions of node currently installed:

You have the following versions of Node.js installed.
[0] Node.js v0.12.17 with npm v2.15.1 is installed.
[1] Node.js v4.6.1 with npm v2.15.9 is installed.
*[2] Node.js v6.9.1 with npm v is installed.

We can activate v6.9 as shown but there is no associated npm version.
As expected, npm -v fails with message "npm -v
qsh: 001-0078 Process ended by signal 5"

In my previous post, Angular 2 quickstart install/run was with node
v4.6.1 and npm v2.15.9 as above

process was as follows:

1. Download quickstart from github (can't clone as issue with proxy)
2. extract toh-1.zip into IFS folder
3. npm install - loads node_modules etc. seems to complete ok
4. npm start - fails (relevant parts listed below)

Terminal:
[0] fs.js:1236
[0] throw error;
[0] ^
[0]
[0] Error: watch src ENOSYS
[0] at exports._errnoException (util.js:907:11)
[0] at FSWatcher.start (fs.js:1234:19)
[0] at Object.fs.watch (fs.js:1262:11)
[0] at Object.nodeSystem.watchDirectory (/quickstart/node_modules/typescr
ipt/lib/tsc.js:1727:32)

npm-debug.log:
13 error OS400 1
14 error argv "/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/OPS/Node4/bin/node"
"/QOpenSys/usr/bin/npm" "start"
15 error node v4.6.1
16 error npm v2.15.9
17 error code ELIFECYCLE
18 error angular-examples-master@1.0.0 start: `concurrently "npm run
build:watch" "npm run serve"`
18 error Exit status 1
19 error Failed at the angular-examples-master@1.0.0 start script
'concurrently "npm run build:watch" "npm run serve"'.
19 error This is most likely a problem with the angular-examples-master package,
19 error not with npm itself.