"OpenSource" <opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 09/30/2016
05:41:15 PM:

From: "Muirhead, Joe R" <JRMuirhead@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09/30/2016 05:41 PM
Subject: [IBMiOSS] PIP install not working
Sent by: "OpenSource" <opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

When I try to install any of the add-ons (using pip3 or pip2) I get
a zlib error for instance:

pip3 install /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/OPS/Python-pkgs/ibm_db/
ibm_db-2.0.5.4-cp34-cp34m-os400_powerpc.whl

<thon-pkgs/ibm_db/ibm_db-2.0.5.4-cp34-cp34m-os400_powerpc.whl
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/QOpenSys/usr/bin/pip3", line 5, in <module>
from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
zipimport.ZipImportError: can't decompress data; zlib not available

searching on the error the most common response is to recompile
Python... not sure what I need to do next.

Make sure that 5733-SC1 is installed for zlib support.

Joseph R Muirhead
Lead Systems Administrator| Open Systems Application Hosting
Services| DST Systems
o 816.843.8977 m 816.564.3606 f 816.843.8999 e
jrmuirhead@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<
mailto:jrmuirhead@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> w dstsystems.com<
http://www.dstsystems.com/