I wrote a script to install the entire bundle, but it still failed with
unresolved dependencies.

Which dependencies are still unresolved?

Also, the following link is for the pkg_setup.sh script and it has code to
massage a couple things (i.e. libiconv): http://bit.ly/2cUwg3d I convey
this to you because pkg_setup.sh is the "Easy button" way to install stuff.
You've ventured into the wilderness (which rocks, btw) so it's good to know
of the "gotchas".

Aaron Bartell
litmis.com - Services for open source on IBM i