<vendor>

Dear Michael,

If some of your preferred vendors are reluctant to give you a ball-park
guess, it might be because they have enough experience and savvy to know
that the degree of detail in your note below doesn't enable a ball-park
guess. What you might get is an order of magnitude guess .... and here's
mine: a few hundred thousand dollars.

At Unbeaten Path we have a process that, with measured billable steps,
refines costs from "order of magnitude" to "ball-park" to "reasonable
estimate" to "not-to-exceed estimate." Here's 3 URLs describing approaches
that have worked on sizeable, not-fully-described-yet development projects:
<http://www.unbeatenpath.com/up-a-notch/technical/big-projects.pdf>
http://www.unbeatenpath.com/up-a-notch/technical/big-projects.pdf
<http://www.unbeatenpath.com/up-a-notch/nostone/NoStoneUnturned.pdf>
http://www.unbeatenpath.com/up-a-notch/nostone/NoStoneUnturned.pdf