the email client is ubiquitous ... Off line access ...
You pull [messages] down to your client, and read
them while on an airplane.

That brings me back to my original point of desktop applications vs. Web based applications. Desktops offer a number of advantages.

So for Web application developers (like me), how do we pry Outlook and Thunderbird from the hands of users and get them to use a Web application instead?

It's not easy - Microsoft has put a lot of functionality into Outlook, for example.

Nathan.

This thread ...