On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 6:15 PM, Prostor, Timothy
<TProstor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, does anyone know if the official Masters website (www.masters.org
<http://www.masters.org/> ) is running on an i? It is 'Powered by IBM'.

Starting Nmap 4.00 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2008-04-11 23:59 CEST
Interesting ports on 80.67.84.82:
(The 1668 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
PORT STATE SERVICE
22/tcp open ssh
80/tcp open http
443/tcp open https
500/tcp open isakmp
Device type: general purpose
Running: Linux 2.4.X|2.5.X|2.6.X
OS details: Linux 2.4.7 - 2.6.11
Uptime 23.594 days (since Wed Mar 19 08:44:07 2008)

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1.359 seconds

The Webserver indicated, as Mark Allen already said, is
IBM_HTTP_Server. Together with the information that the machine runs
sshd, it is most probable that it is running a unix-based operating
system (you can run sshd on i5/OS, but it is not used for
administration).

Supported Unix-ish platforms for IBM_HTTP_Server are: AIX, HP-UX, Linux

So it is most likely that the machine runs Linux (nmap's OS guessing
is good, but not always 100% on).

It could still run on a System i, but it seems unlikely. Webservers
are usually scaled horizontally, with many x86 boxes.