From: midrange-nontech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-nontech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 10:45 AM
To: Non-Technical Discussion about the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Using a Wiki for RPG documentation

I am not documenting everything in the program. That would make me go nuts.
I type a summary of what the point of the program is, then document what
resources it uses. An example:

NCUP02 - Employee Maintainance
Modified: 2007/08/21 19:30 by username - Categorized as: CustomerService,
Library_NCLIBR, Programs > NCUP02 - Employee Maintainance

Employee Maintainance program.

Files Used

* NCEEIDP (U)
* NCDEPTP
* NCDIVSP

Parameters

* addRecOnlyIn (I|N)

Modules/Subprocedures Used

* CenterText
* DepartmentCodePrompt
* DivisionCodePrompt

Change Log

2007-08-24
*changed names of display fields

So as you can see, there isn't anything too specific. I agree with your
problems. But with discipline, it can be updated as we edit or finish it up
to keep it up-to-date. And as long as we realize that it may not be 100%
up-to-date, it would work for a great guideline of what it does and what it
uses. Do you think there should be more information? Less information?