It is like radio and can be on a live stream or put on radio/satellite.
However, most just publish a file on the internet for you to listen to on
your own schedule (in the car, on the train/bus, at work, etc.) Of course
being an MP3, anything that can play an MP3 can play a podcast.

You can subscribe using a program called a podcatcher and automatically
download the show when the producer publishes it or many just go the the
website and listen to it on there. The filtering is done by the producer.
Most I listen to do filter some but play most of the voicemails. In two
cases, they have a whole 1 hour show dedicated to voicemails and the hosts
reponses alone.

One is NOT worksafe, but the other is Slice of SciFi (
http://sliceofscifi.com). Great show if you like SciFi.

I should correct you that podcasts are not Audioblogs, but are like them.
The shows I run are music so there really isn't much of two-way
communication there. I do play voicemails if I get them though and respond
if needed. Others cover technology news, entertainment, basketweaving, how
tos, information, politics, rants, adult, if you can think of it, it might
be out there. A good staring point is
http://www.podcastpeers.org/winners.html. These are podcasts picked by
podcasters as good podcasts that they listen to. Maybe it would be better to
relate some as NPR, talk shows. Have you heard of Leo Laporte? Check out
twit.tv (a complete network of podcasts that Leo runs).

The best part of podcasts is the lack of comercials. Some have a couple (we
all want to make money right?), some are getting too many (too much like
comerical radio), but most have none at all.

I might have to take this to IMHO it looks like.