On 08/03/06, Peter.Colpaert@xxxxxxxxx < Peter.Colpaert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On my hotmail account, even before I _ever_ used the email address, I had
> received several mails in which products were offered to enhance certain
> parts of my anatomy that need no enhancement whatsoever (some because I
> generally associate said body parts with women, others because my wife
> likes me just the way I am ;-)
>
> On GMail, I've yet to receive my first spam message...

I set up this GMail account (GoogleMail in the UK for legal reasons) a
couple of days ago having begged an invitation from David Gibbs. I started
using it for the midrange lists today and have also sent a couple of test
messages to my company account at Acergy.

I got my first spam half an hour ago (Verify your PayPal Account).
Astonishing. It may a bot trying different domains though. My
dkahn400@xxxxxxxxxxx account gets dozens of spams every day.

--
Dave...