From: Eric Lehti with CPU [mailto:president@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 2:03 PM
To: Non-Technical Discussion about the AS400 / iSeries
Cc: david@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Experimental Wiki at midrange.com

David,
I admire your energy and willingness to set up wiki.midrange.com, however.
I offer these comments, though.

 - Why set up a wiki that will essentially duplicate the work and efforts of
the existing wiki at en.wikipedia.org?
 - Wikipedia already has an incredible amount of iSeries-specific content
that a group of volunteers has been working on.
 - Any content that we might add to wiki.midrange.com will merely duplicate
what wikipedia already has (or should soon have).
 - Wikipedia.org already has an overwhelming market share and mind share.
Why encourage midrange people to work on an alternative encyclopedia?
 - Many of the items that people will want to link to already have extensive
listings in wikipedia.org.
 - We iSeries professionals do not live an insular life, isolated on an
island.  We should take advantage of the tools and resources that dedicated
people in other disciplines (e.g. wikipedia volunteers) have already done.

EricL