Managing the data center, help desk, and operations staff has put me in a
situation (according to my auditor) where we need to document, automate,
and publicize the completion of certain recurring tasks.  For example, we
need to set and verify the production schedule, we need to process our
offsite tapes, we need to verify that we have reviewed our error/good
morning reports, etc.

I was thinking of doing a custom application but the more I think about it
I'd rather not - in looking at the task processing in Notes and or Outlook
I'm not sure if they do what I need:

1.)  Managing and reviewing needs to be done via the browser
2.)  The tasks may or may not be assigned to an individual - there is a
need to be able to centrally manage the tasks in a team like manner
3.)  I'd like the daily task list built from a master list - simple
scheduling needs - repeats daily, repeats every x days, once a week, once a
month.
4.)  Integration into the Notes/Exchange calendar would be possibly nice
(we use Notes but that will change by the end of this year - parent company
requirement).

Things like that.  Basically we need to create an environment where these
tasks are 'loaded' into a task schedule every day and that they can be
marked completed, WIP, etc. by individuals as they actually complete the
task.  This way we document what needs to be done, when it is done, who did
it, and what hasn't been done.

I'm getting a headache looking around because it seems to me that most
products are geared towards project management.  While I may want and need
that later on, I'm simply interested in documenting and controlling
tasks......

Not sure if I'm making sense, anyone ever work with something like this or
have any ideas.  I think it would be a neat program to work with but in
reality I need to look at a canned package first.......

Michael Crump
Manager, Computing Services
Saint-Gobain Containers
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.
Muncie, IN  47302
(765)741-7696
(765)741-7012 f
(800)428-8642

"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us
from the support of a cause we believe to be just"  Abraham Lincoln