I called a number a few years back, or filled out some form on the internet,
and it had reduced my volume a lot, or it was coincidence.

I do get called over and over from UNIWAY and MINUTE POLL. I thought UNIWAY
was short for "United Way" so I answered. Never answered on Minute Poll.
Also, I can't get my phone number published to save me. It must cost my
phone provider extra to release their numbers in our local phone book (so
they don't), I think that helps a lot.
I rarely get a call, of course don't have much mula? Does that matter?
My phone provider Knology.com/phone/cable, has great service but no
publishing. Lucky me.

The cell phone folks would like to see us make their service "the service".
What are we going to do when those numbers are our only numbers?
Why don't marketers call our cell phones, where we are incurring minute
charges? Who stopped those calls?
Aha!

Also, Why do we let the biggest credit card companies who we choose to do
business with have a license to HARRASS us?
If they call me, and tell me "its about my account" I pretty much have to
listen to see if I am the newest victim.

On the other end of the relationship, not only can you not get a human on
the phone to cancel, can't do it on the hot shot-offshored web sites either.
Web site convenience my $#%.
A written letter gets no confirmation, still the endless stream of junk
mail.
So there is little or no closure. AOL just lost a lawsuit over this, making
you jump through hoops to close an account, if you can do it at all.
Here is the logic:
Read next account-close-request
If Automatic pay
Move to wait-3-more-months-table
else
If Pay-by-mail
GOTO close immediately.

What was once a convenience to us, is on the outs.....

Mark Villa in Charleston SC