#1 http://www.itaa.org/workforce/studies/02execsumm.pdf

$50 a copy-

Allow me to translate:

1) You think that each hiring manager can give you a valid picture for
18,796 IT workers.
This alone throws the research "out the window"

2) The IT Workforce in 2001
?The 10.4 million-member IT workforce that ITAA measured in 2001 fell by 5%
9.9 million workers in early 2002. In aggregate terms the U.S. IT workforce
experienced a net loss of 528,496 workers over a 12-month period. Companies
hired 2.1 million IT workers during the year (Using H-1B and the like),
but also dismissed 2.6 million IT workers. (who were homeowners and
taxpayers and had kids in school)

#2  http://www.itaa.org/govt/docs/itproblemwithhr1588.pdf

Allow me to translate:

1) It's worth the risk to let vendors do whatever stakeholders want for the
'buck of the day", the chances of another 9-11 are remote.
You also agree; that even though we know that once procurement begins in
that country, it never ends, that it's okay. So be it.
You also have no idea why your whole report talks about savings, yet
spending is so out of control it can't be counted.

A simple programmer type I/T guy that happens to be a veteran has a view to:
A hard disk is a commodity, tactical plotting software hardly has a
Microsoft order number.
Next thing you know, that unnamed country will have a branch office titled
"Joint DOD plotting top secret stuff inside"
Please, how stupid do you think Americans are.
This report does not distinguish apples from oranges, when trying to "talk
down" a good measure.
This is EXACTLY why congress can't make a decent decision.
Congress can't be subject matter experts at *EVERYTHING* and this highly
regarded and so called ITAA industry voice have the wherewithal to put their
word in front of the lawmaker's faces.

Mark Villa in Charleston SC