DENVER, Monday, June 09, 2003

DENVER, June 9, 2003 - J.D. Edwards (NASDAQ: JDEC) Chairman, President and
Chief Executive Officer Bob Dutkowsky today challenged Oracle's (NASDAQ:
ORCL) commitment to customer choice based on its attempted hostile takeover
of PeopleSoft (NASDAQ: PSFT) which, according to Dutkowsky, will sharply
reduce options for business software customers and possibly violate U.S.
and European antitrust laws.  On June 2, 2003, J.D. Edwards entered into a
definitive agreement to merge with PeopleSoft.

"Oracle's hostile tender offer for PeopleSoft will eliminate at least one
of Oracle's major competitors in several market spaces to the obvious
detriment of customers," said Dutkowsky.

"Oracle's elimination of a competitor, its products, and their ongoing
development would reduce customer choice and product support, and would
leave many customers with greatly diminished options," said Dutkowsky.
"This harm to customers is exactly what antitrust laws are intended to
protect against."

Dutkowsky made the comments in front of a standing room only press
conference that was broadcast live-via-satellite from the Colorado
Convention Center where the J.D. Edwards annual customer event, Quest
Global 2003, is taking place through June 12.

"Oracle's attempted hostile takeover of PeopleSoft in no way affects our
resolve to move forward with the PeopleSoft - J.D. Edwards merger and
create the world's second largest enterprise application software company,"
said Dutkowsky.  "We believe the PeopleSoft - J.D. Edwards merger is in the
best interests of our shareholders, customers, and employees.  Their best
interests are the guiding criteria for everything we do.

"Our proposed merger with PeopleSoft is all about offering more choices to
customers and prospects," he said.  "Oracle's statements seem to indicate
an intention to obstruct the proposed PeopleSoft - J.D. Edwards merger and
to force consolidation upon the software industry which could limit
choices, hurt customers' businesses and, ultimately, hurt shareholder
value."

"We believe that the PeopleSoft - J.D. Edwards merger announcement last
week was a positive, bold step, one that will shape the future of our
industry," he noted.

About J.D. Edwards & Company
J.D. Edwards (NASDAQ: JDEC) makes customers stronger, enabling them to
solve their most important business challenges. The company designs,
develops and markets collaborative enterprise software and consulting,
education, and support services.  J.D. Edwards' offerings are
differentiated by a deeply ingrained attitude of listening to customers,
innovating on their behalf, and delivering solutions as part of a
results-oriented relationship.  Founded in 1977 and headquartered in
Denver, Colo., J.D. Edwards focuses on long-term business partnerships and
helping its 6,700 customers in more than 110 countries manage their
business processes, supply chains, enterprise assets, and supplier and
customer relationships.  For more information:  www.jdedwards.com </> or
1-800-727-5333.

On June 2, 2003, J.D. Edwards announced that it had entered into a merger
agreement with PeopleSoft, Inc. under which J.D. Edwards' business and
PeopleSoft will be merged, and J.D. Edwards will become a wholly owned
subsidiary of PeopleSoft.  The transaction is anticipated to close in the
late third or early fourth calendar quarter. The transaction is subject to
regulatory review, approval by the respective companies' stockholders and
other customary conditions.