David:

I don't want to contradict your authority; I'm purely curious.

>From time to time, you make requests to move discussions to other lists and
>I'm not certain what the reasoning is for many of them. I'd be interested in a
>description of why this one was requested. Maybe it'll help me know better
>what's appropriate. I initially thought I'd send this to you privately, but
>then I thought others might be interested too.

To me, it seems this (below) is definitely a MIDRANGE-L topic rather than just
WEB400. In fact, if it had been raised on WEB400, I might almost feel a
possible response there might be "Ask this on MIDRANGE-L." Even though the
specific circumstance arose out of an interaction with a web server, the issue
itself is related to the whole of TCP/IP access. The concept of multi-homing
and related features goes far beyond web serving. This kind of info has a wide
target audience.

Can you shed light on your thoughts?

Thank you.

Tom Liotta