To quote an old sage (Bob C.)...

NICE catch, Leif...!

Another thing I was wondering about:

"For instance, Henao's communications have become so advanced that they have
never been intercepted, Colombian intelligence sources say."

...and...

"When Urrego typed a message into his computer, it created a digital
bit-stream that was then encrypted and fed through a converter that parceled
the data out at high frequencies. Digital communications over a radio
network can be put into a code much more easily than voice transmissions,
and thus are far tougher to intercept and decipher. 'There's going to be a
delay in sending and receiving messages,' says a surveillance expert who
does code-breaking work for the DEA and CIA, 'but it's going to be fairly
friggin' secure.'"

I was wondering:  Is this technology being transferred for legimate
business-use...?  By the IBM and/or the iSeries Division?

jt

<snip>