Well, IBM considers LIC to be hardware - note you can't order 57xx-999 LIC
PTF's without a hardware maintenance agreement.
However, the thing is apparently Fast/400 doesn't touch LIC at all.  It's
merely an application that alters other active jobs, and when you shut it
down the "tuning" stops.

...Neil

Jim Damato <jdamato@dollargeneral.com>