jt wrote:

> "Geezers", like myself and a few others, know that reaching the
> standard set by M$ doesn't amount to much, once you've gotten to
> know the 38/400/i platform real well...

Just think about what the M$ standard is for a moment. Their primary goal
is to make tons and tons of money, and they're rather good at it. Software
just happens to be the means by which they do it. If the software they
produce gives them the highest possible return, why should they change
anything? If you judge them by the same standard by which they judge
themselves they are A1.

> I wouldn't say these things, if I was talking to the developers of
> the InfoCenter, but since that ain't likely to be permitted I get
> frustrated...  (However, I DO realize this might get back to them
> somehow..  So I apologize, in advance...)  This isn't a flame on the
> InfoCenter team, but an old-fashioned butt-whuppin'.. and MHO of an
> easy way to fix the problem:  Just set the bar higher...

I don't think your statements are too controversial. I've not heard one
good word about InfoCenter.

Dave...
           ___________   (_)/ (_)       http://www.twickenhamcc.co.uk
The opinions expressed in this communication are my own and do not
necessarily reflect those of my employer.