From: midrange-nontech-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:midrange-nontech-admin@midrange.com]On Behalf Of Phil
Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 10:14 AM
To: midrange-nontech@midrange.com
Subject: RE: Worlds... But not Hearts... apart (2 of 4)

I reread my post to see what in it would get people to call me a troll and a
racist, and where in there I advocated killing innocent people.

Still don't see it.

>> I don't view you as a troll, and if I implied that you, personally,
advocated killing innocent people, then I stand corrected.  However...

I listed a lot of terrorist groups.

I related my life's personal experience with muslims.

Seems to echo what I hear on the news channels.

>> The news channels also showed people of all races, religions, and
national origin helping in the disaster relief.

What I said was "Let the foe prove he is really a friend.  It is his burden,
not mine." by which I mean I don't trust him.  I've learned not to trust
him.  He taught me not to trust him.  Not because of the WTC attack alone -
but a long list of attacks which is why I listed all those terrorist
countries.

I also learned not to trust pit bulls.  I will freely pet other dogs but I
won't go near a Pit Bull.  Does that make me a hater and dog-racist?  Surely
not all Pit Bulls will bite.

They (the terrorists) are living amoung us like wolves in sheeps clothing.
How do you find them?  I don't know.  But assuming everyone is in fact sheep
doesn't work very well.

>> True.  But suspecting people based on race, religion or national original
don't work well, either.  I did not catch the National Ceremonies,
yesterday, but my wife told me that was one of the basic points that the
Rev. Billy Graham made.

>> Again, I don't infer that you advocate killing innocent people.  But your
comments, which imply that ALL Muslims are suspect, are indeed racist.
Suspecting people based on there race, rather on whether they are
suspicious, are racist.  You may not be a racist, in general, but these
statements are.

>> They are an over-generalization.  And while I take you at your word that
you do not condone killing innocent people, I state, for a fact, that
over-generalization ENSURES that innocent people will be killed, among them
Americans.  Because over-generalization is what killed the innocent victims
on the second "Day of Infamy".

>> I do not take your comments personally.  But in "Worlds... But not
Hearts... apart (4 of 4)" I say more-or-less that the events of the past
week lead me to conclude that my Faith is part Muslim.  (I may, or may not,
post that one because I'm not very comfortable discussing these kinds of
issues.)  Over-generalization might lead some to hate me...  which is fine.
Over-generalization might lead some to think I should die for my views, and
that's where I draw the line.

>> I imagine Bin-Laden would be among those "people" that think I should
die, and I imagine there are some "people" in America that would feel the
same way.  Sorry to be so morose, on a beautiful Saturday morning, but the
point remains.

Don't go crazy on me and think that I have a cross burning, a confederate
flat, or am a nationalist.  I am as frightened as everyone else about where
the next attack will be and don't know what to do about it.

>> I, too...  But I do know what to do about it...:  When the situation
calls for it, act.  Act on your conscience, as best as you can.  I can't be
any more specific than that, because I have enough difficulty making my own
decisions, and am not arrogant enough to think I can suggest how someone,
other than myself, should think, feel, or act.

>> I'm not making any suggestions to you Phil, but just stating my opinions
and what I perceive to be fact...

>> I am posting part 3 of 4? and look forward to any comments.

jt