Yup. Matter of fact that's a pretty good analogy;

Shoes are cheap. New shoes take some time to get used to and to break in.
Once you get used to using them, you can do everything you need to with them
and not think about them. Your shoes are so darned reliable you see people
using the same pair for years on end. They may look tattered and torn, but,
they're still performing thier function.

Airplanes are expensive. They keep coming out with bigger airplanes. These
planes are, of course, more expensive. They also have new features, that you
as the user don't really care about as long as it takes care of it's main
task. They have airplanes that you just need to buy one of and it handles
hundereds of people. But, those are real expensive and you need to pay for
more technicians to keep them running. Airplanes crash and pretty much ruin
your whole day. And of course, even though the plane was meant to replace
shoes, everyone using the plane is still wearing shoes.

:)

-Moe
Kevin R Mohondro                kmohondro@salepoint.com
Software Engineer                         (858)373-2012
SalePoint Corporate Retail Solutions      San Diego, CA