Wow wow wow .... how about the "honking" of those 8" floppy's when doing
A cpytodkt / cpyfrmdkt? OMFG .... plus those printing chains? And 3 ply 11x17 paper with
The perforation that was fed right out of the box!

How many of you are smirking? Step up, it's ok ... lolol.

I had an entire disk platter set go belly up 1 night at 3 am. Tech came in, "pumped"
Data somehow from the old disk set to the new however he did it back in those days.
Eventually that tech put name into a company that was just starting up. I was hired
From where I was at the time and it led to my career continuing on the Sys/38, AS400,
I5, iSeries and IBM i.

On my blog which most of you know: https://ibmireference.blogspot.com/ ...
On the right side of the main page, are 2 pics .... 1 of an AS400 coffee cup and another
Of the old System/38 programmers menu - probably will make you smile.

Then there's this from my blog (also on the main page under "Nostalgia Vault".
https://bitsavers.org/pdf/ibm/system38/

Respectfully,
Michael Mayer
IBM i on Power System Admin.
ERMCO-ECI
2225 Industrial Rd
Dyersburg, Tennessee 38024
Cell, Office and Text Messages: 518.641.8906
Email: michael.mayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
https://www.ermco-eci.com/
https://ermcopower.com/
IBM i Award Winning Personal Blog Site: https://ibmireference.blogspot.com/
Awarded IBM 2024 Advocate, Contributor, Influencer and IBM i Ready Badges.

2. Help Rescue an IBM System/38 (Mark Waterbury)
3. RE: Help Rescue an IBM System/38 (Therrien, Paul via MIDRANGE-L)
4. Re: Help Rescue an IBM System/38 (Jim)

message: 2
date: Tue, 10 Sep 2024 14:34:16 +0000 (UTC)
from: Mark Waterbury <mark.s.waterbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Help Rescue an IBM System/38

See:
? ?https://www.gofundme.com/f/ibm-system-38-computer-rescue-and-restoration??

Please consider donating to this worthy cause. :-)

message: 3
date: Tue, 10 Sep 2024 14:48:39 +0000
from: "Therrien, Paul via MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Help Rescue an IBM System/38

Man, I hear that distinctive keyboard clicking as soon as I looked at this picture. CLICK, CLICK, CLICK, CLICK. And the machine gun clicking when you held down a key!
: - )