Why LANGUAGE RPGLE

When it's a CL program?

Also PARAMETER STYLE GENERAL WITH NULLS isn't correct.

HTH,
Charles

On Fri, Sep 6, 2024 at 12:16 PM K Crawford <kscx3ksc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Chicken lips. I have been trying all day to get this to work. I am sure a
better way exists but...
I have a CLLE that I have tested. working as I want.
I created a stored procedure that I have tested and it works fine.
Now trying to get a UDF created can not get it to work. The value it
returns is <NULL>.
I have tried several ways in both the procedure and function.

This is my CLLE works:
docsys/FldrExist.clle
PGM PARM(&PATHNAME &RESULT)
DCL VAR(&PATHNAME) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(132)
DCL VAR(&RESULT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(20)
DCL VAR(&dtaaraval) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(2)
/*
*/
qmgtools/CHKIFS IFSDIR(&PATHNAME) CRTDTAARA(Y) DTAARA(CHKIFS)
+
DTAARALIB(QTEMP)
RTVDTAARA DTAARA(QTEMP/CHKIFS (1 2)) RTNVAR(&DTAARAVAL)
IF COND(&DTAARAVAL = '00') THEN(DO)
CHGVAR &RESULT 'Obj_Not_Found'
enddo
IF COND(&DTAARAVAL = '10') THEN(DO)
CHGVAR &RESULT 'Obj_Found'
enddo
ENDPGM: ENDPGM

This is my stored procedure create:
CREATE OR *REPLACE* PROCEDURE docsys.folderExist (
IN PathName *CHAR*(*132*),
INOUT results *CHAR*(*20*)
)
LANGUAGE RPGLE
NO SQL
DETERMINISTIC
EXTERNAL NAME docsys.fldrexist
PARAMETER STYLE GENERAL WITH NULLS

This is my test of stored procedure:
call docsys.folderexist ('/home/kcrawfrd', ' ')
The result is 'Obj_Found'

This is my function:
CREATE OR *REPLACE* FUNCTION docsys.Folder_Exist (
PathName *CHAR*(*132*)
)
RETURNS *CHAR*(*20*)
LANGUAGE sql