With RUNSQL you provide the SQL statement as a parameter. With RUNSQLSTMT you provide the SQL statement in a file, which, IMHO, is better for anything remotely complex. If RUNSQLSTMT fails there is a spool file that should show the exact point of failure. (My guess would be that it is a commitment control issue.)

But as others have said, iACS Run SQL scripts is the way to go.

Sam