Pending_security_value will be null if there are no pending changes to
QSECURITY. Remember, that value takes an IPL to become effective.

On Fri, Aug 16, 2024 at 11:17 AM Peter Dow <petercdow@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jim,

At first I thought it defines COLUMN_VALUE based on the first value,
e.g. S.SECURITY_LEVEL, so I tried wrapping it in VARCHAR(). It didn't
help. So I wrapped them all in VARCHAR() and that worked:

select HEADING, COLUMN_VALUE
from qsys2.security_info s,
lateral(values
('SECURITY_LEVEL', VARCHAR(S.SECURITY_LEVEL)),
('PENDING_SECURITY_LEVEL', VARCHAR(S.PENDING_SECURITY_LEVEL)),
('PASSWORD_LEVEL', VARCHAR(S.PASSWORD_LEVEL)),
('AUDITING_LEVEL', VARCHAR(S.AUDITING_LEVEL)),
('AUDIT_JOURNAL_RECEIVER', VARCHAR(S.AUDIT_JOURNAL_RECEIVER))
) AS T(HEADING, COLUMN_VALUE) ;

I was testing on PUB400, and S.PENDING_SECURITY_LEVEL was null, which
may or may not have anything to do with how it defines COLUMN_VALUE.

--
*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.