Hello all,

We have two IBM i partitions and we have copies of the same source on both partitions. We are making an attempt to sync up the source and objects in the libraries in question between the two partitions as part of an effort to begin using our source management software (PTC Implementer). Because we are in effect a zero-downtime operation about the only way to do this during a weekday is to do a save-while-active approach. We also do a weekly full save of these libraries. Our system is hosted by a third-party company. My thought was to use the save-while-active option while saving the libraries to save files so that I could avoid getting our hosting company involved. I've read up on save-while-active and it SEEMS like I can be just as confident that ALL the objects got saved doing it this way as they would on a "normal" save of the entire library. What are everyone's thoughts on this? Any gotchas to consider? Any info is much appreciated. Thanks!

Bill