The receiving end is sending you back what you see, most likely. MQ has no
knowledge of the contents of the message it bears and would not translate
anything or interpret your message.

JS

El mié, 10 de jul de 2024, 8:06 p. m., Vinay Gavankar <vinaygav@xxxxxxxxx>
escribió:

This is the first time I am trying to send messages via MQ, so please
pardon my ignorance. I just copied an existing working program and changed
the MQ and MQ manager name.

I have a job which sends messages via MQ using MQPut. These messages are
read on the "cloud" (I have no idea about the platform being used, but have
heard the word "kafka" thrown about).

The messages I am sending are JSON strings. Some of my messages are read
correctly, whereas some are read as coming within ". Only difference I can
see is that the messages are of different lengths.

For example, I am sending:
{"abcd":"xyz"}
Or
{"abcd":"xyz","qwer":"asdf"}

The longer messages are received exactly as sent, but the shorter message
is received as:
"{/"abcd/":/"xyz/"}"
within "s and an escape character / before all actual "s in the message.

Shorter messages are about 1600 bytes and longer are maybe 1800.

Question is, is there any parameter in the MQPut that could do this just
due to the length of the message, or is it something that is happening at
the receiving end?

TIA
Vinay