Sounds like you have a bad subsystem description.

The message is pretty clear. Find out what job queue is nominally assigned to the problem system then go find out what subsystem has hold of it.

If jobs that are going to run in the problem subsystem aren't assigned to that particular queue but just accept whatever queue the subsytem provides, then just create a new queue for that subsystem and assign it in the subsystem description.

________________________________
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Rich Loeber <rich@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2024 10:59 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Google is not my Friend Today

I have a customer who recently installed one of our more mature products and they are reporting that a CPF1184 is being issued when out CL program submits a batch job to a job queue. We ship the software with the subsystem and job queue pre-configured.

Here's the detail on the message:

Message . . . . : Subsystem &1 cannot allocate job queue &2 in library &3.
Cause . . . . . : The subsystem will start without the job queue. The job
queue is allocated to another subsystem. If that subsystem ends, subsystem
&1 will try to allocate the queue.

When I try Googling CPF1184 there is nothing available. No results on Midrange either.

Anyone ever seen this?

Rich Loeber
Kisco Systems LLC
https://www.kisco.com/<https://www.kisco.com/>