Not that I have heard.

The one JVM per job was _added_ as a limitation after the early disasters that arose when multiple JVMs were allowed to start.

Other than batch, as you mentioned, the normal approach to this propblem is to have never ending service jobs that interact via data queues or similar. You have one set up for each "task" and it has an associated classpath as required for the task(s) it performs. These days I might seriously consider using an internal REST web service to provide such functionality.

There is an open source "engine" that provindes this funcionality ready built but I'm darnewd if I can recall the name and don't have time to look it up right now. Hopefull someone else will recall it.

Jon P.