In this case you have 2 uncapped partitions. Uncapped means, use everything
available (up to the current # of vCPU). Since the min vCPU is 1, you have
2 LPARs that can consume up to 0.9 CPUs = 1.8.
If you don't have an HMC, you should do as IBM said and limit the available
CPUs from the ASMI. In theory if you disabled the uncapped attribute you
would be in compliance (0.5+0.5 = 1)