From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of a4g atl <a4ginatl2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 7:29 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Setting up a SQL webservice.
I cannot get this simple webservice to work. I need the help of the guru's
on this one puh leez.

The details are below.

There are no input parameters but there is one output parameter.

When I call the service, it does not appear to be calling the service
correctly. I do get the JSON message below.

The service is call as follows:

*http://my_system:10010/web/service/isGateOpen
<http://my_system:10010/web/service/isGateOpen >*

Can someone help with what's not right?

TIA, Darryl Freinkel.

URI path template: = /

Secure transport required: = No

Protect using authentication method: = *NONE

Database system: = localhost

Default schema: = qsys2

Naming convention: = *SQL

Library list: = *LIBL

Procedure name = isGateOpen

SQL statement/Parameter name = select data_area_value from
table(qsys2.data_area_info(DATA_AREA_LIBRARY => 'THE_LIBRARY',
DATA_AREA_NAME => 'THE_DATA_AREA'))

Usage = No options to enter any values.

Data Type = No options to enter any values.

SQL result type: = Single-row result set

Trim mode for output fields = None

SQL state information in response: = On errors

User-defined error message: = Invalid request for iSGateOpen.

HTTP status code on SQL success: = 200

HTTP status code on SQL failure: = 500

Procedure name: = isGateOpen

URI path template for resource: = /

HTTP request method: GET

URI path template for method: *NONE

HTTP header information: = *NONE

Allowed input media types: = *ALL

Returned output media types: = JSON

Identifier for input wrapper element: = isGateOpenInput

Identifier for output wrapper element: = isGateOpenResult

Use existing ID = entered the user ID

This is what was returned in the JSON:

{

"SQLStateInfo": {

"rowsAffectedCounts": null,

"SQLError": null,

"SQLWarnings": [

{

"SQLState": "HY001",

"SQLCode": 1301,

"message": "Invalid request for iSGateOpen."

}

]

}

}