I am grateful for the multiple responses--thank you!

"Green Shot" may be my new go-to product and Richard Schoen gets a
shout-out for this valuable post (one of his many contributions).

FYI: Mapscap's "Flare" is a single-source authoring tool: XML content in
and about a dozen formats out (including HTML, Word, PDF, EPUB, and Eclipse
EHELP). It is pricey--$2K/year for a subscription and my annual
maintenance is $745. The learning curve makes learning RDi and landing a
Falcon 9 first stage on a barge in the Atlantic look like a 2nd-grade
science lab...but it is an enormously flexible tool capable of generating
beautiful and functional output (my output is only functional!) when a
professional is at the controls (my approach would be to let team members
build content in Word and then let the professional import the Word content
and manage the style and publication). It is possible the API used to
resize/downscale the images (a large image is reduced by about 20% for HTML
output and around 60% for Word/PDF output) does not perform well.

Results: I used their "Capture" tool to grab an image from a 26" 1920x1050
monitor. The default output was an 8 MB BMP file. Even scaled to 100% on
the monitor, the PDF didn't render well. It was a surprise to view the
printed output from a Brother laser color printer: even in portrait
orientation, the printed screen shot was crisp and easily readable. The
downside is the large image sizes will slow response on the Internet for
first-time viewers but that may be a minor issue (recapturing thousands of
images as BMP's--now, that's not a minor issue).

The black background on those screen shots will make your toner vendor
happy if you print. I'm going to put my maintenance fee to work and see if
there's an option in Capture that remaps/switches the black background and
white lettering.

WRT to Client Access: I'm 99.99% sure I read that CA rendered screens using
a different technology that provides substantially great resolution than
the Java products of the last 10 years. When I have four 5250 windows set
up on my 26" monitor, resolution at 24x80 ain't great. With an upper-case
"N" in iACS, the vertical bar on the right is noticeably thinner than the
vertical bar on the left. With Mochasoft's TN5250 program, both bars
appear to be identical. I've tried around 20 fixed-width formats and
fiddled with the iACS font settings, all to no avail. My guess is that the
Java API painting the screen is not optimized for this environment.

Interesting finding: there is a *distinct* difference between the Mochasoft
and iACS (at least using Andale Mono) screen renderings. While the iACS
app does a lot more than just 5250 emulation and is a terrific
product, *Mochasoft
renders a much crisper image in both window and full-screen mode*. The iACS
letters are bigger; the spacing between the lines in Mochasoft is larger,
and the letters are slightly smaller.

Next steps: capture screen shots from Mochasoft using Green Shot and
process them through Flare.

Thanks again to all who responded!