And if you have someone like Scott as a mentor, you will do great!

At my school the COBOL teacher was super nice. The RPG teacher was dry and
boring. I think that's why I liked COBOL.

At my internship (which was RPG) I worked under a GREAT mentor (thanks
Julie Hills!) and she taught me many things. Especially don't change a
display file and move live without recompiling the program (yes, I brought
down the clinic my first day at work..haha)

Then at my next job I had a boss who said "if you use RPGIV, you get to
maintain it and only you. I won't touch it." That was only a year before
I went to Taylor and met another great boss/method (Brian!)

So, just imagine if someone like Scott or a lot of people on this list is
your mentor at your RPG job.