Hello James,

Am 05.05.2023 um 01:54 schrieb James H. H. Lampert via MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

. . . and I was able to figure out which Ethernet socket to plumb into the router. It's the second from the top. Did a WRKCFGSTS, then matched it up with WRKHDWRSC.

Congrats!

Pain in the butt, apparently being limited to only one terminal session for LAN Console.

Pardon me, but to my understanding, there can always be only one console on IBM i and predecessors. Or do I get your statement wrong?

Now up and running (or should I say up and roaring: I think one E4A makes more noise than a skinny 170, a fat 170, an old, rather sick Linux server, and a UPS with the inverter running, COMBINED.)

Yes, the E4A is a noise monster. I really wonder who considered the "deskside" version seriously.

The model I have access to has all disk slots filled and draws around 400W from mains. All the time. No matter if the CPUs are busy doing things, or idle. But it's rather speedy, and runs up to 7.2, and in a DC, noise isn't a limiting factor. :-)

:wq! PoC