Don,
Just stumbled upon this NetServer Best Practices document.
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/netserver-best-practices

On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 3:56 AM Don Brown via MIDRANGE-L <
midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For a test I changed a test system to password level 2

After the IPL I was able to log on with the same password as before in
both uppercase and lowercase and mixed case would fail.

Eg

USERA PW: PASSWORD Successful logon

USERA PW: password Successful logon

USERA PW: PassWord Fail log on

OK That is what I expected from the reading I did.

Then if I change the password to say NEWPASS I can only log on in
uppercase

And when I run the PRTUSRPRF TYPE(*PWDLVL) I still see that for USERA *YES
for Passwords for level 0/1 and 2/3 and netserver.

So the old password will continue to work in either case but not mixed
case until the password is changed, then will only work in the new
passwords case.

And if no passwords were change to not meet password level 0/1
requirements then we could go back to level 0/1 without any issues.

OK I have also tested all other connections and everything seems to be
working as expected.

Yes I will more than likely just go straight to level 3 on the other
system where this is required.

Cheers

Don