Neither would changing a file attribute which would stop the deletion of
rows. They would just have to figure out how you did it. Granted, it
would probably slow them down enough to make them consider if this is
really what they want to be doing.

On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 3:37 PM Rich Loeber <rich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Doesn't protect from a user with *ALLOBJ.

Rich

________________________________
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Bob
Czopek <bczopek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 2:01 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Delete Capable File

EDTOBJAUT LIB/FILE OBJTYPE(*FILE)

F11 (Twice)

Edit Object Authority

Object . . . . . . . : XXXXXXXXX Owner . . . . . . . : OWNER

Library . . . . . : THELIB Primary group . . . : *NONE

Object type . . . . : *FILE ASP device . . . . . : *SYSBAS

Type changes to current authorities, press Enter.

Object secured by authorization list . . . . . . . . . . . . *NONE

Object ---------------Data---------------

User Group Authority Read Add Update Delete Execute

*PUBLIC *USE X X

OWNER *ALL X X X X X

SVCACCT *ALL X X X X X

In the S/36 days, I recall that a file could be created so that records
could not be deleted from them. I'm looking for a way to do this using a
PF in DDS, but I'm not seeing it. Is this just not an option in IBM i DB2
for a physical file?

Please contact support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx><mailto:support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx><mailto:
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%