This is interesting... So *RSTDRNMUNL only applies to directories.

My issue is that an IFS filename may be "reused" or "overwritten" by more than one user. So today, the owner might be JOHNNY but tomorrow the owner might be JANE.
Within the same job, I will often run "cleanup" program for a subdirectory that deletes all files older than 60 days.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Rob Berendt
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2023 12:46 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IFS Directory Authority

You mean something like this?
CHGATR OBJ('/mydir') ATR(*RSTDRNMUNL) VALUE(*YES)
IBM used to change '/tmp' at each IPL to this until we stormed the gates.
The reason that stank was the user app would write a file to it for use by
IBM's email APIs. Then it would pass control over to the other programs
like QMSF and the smtp jobs and they could not delete the file since they
were not the owner and didn't have *ALLOBJ.
Just make sure you won't run into similar issues.

On Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 3:23 PM Greg Wilburn <