In my experience, one day, not to me but to another team, it was asked to
eliminate all of the "Decimal number error..." or so, message. It happened
that they had a routine (they didn't know by the time about the latest %DEC
BIF to allow blanks) that for every record read, they had to convert it to
a decimal. But knowing that some records could have invalid numeric
expressions, they put the instruction within a MONITOR opcode. That
produced a million+ messages to the job log of that job every night,
because millions of them had invalid numerica expressions.

What they did is that within the ON-ERROR body, they immediately REMOVED
that CPF message. Right now I don't remember exactly but they just had to
do a RCVMSG or so with the specific CPF message, and used the option to
remove it.

And that solved it.

Now, the thing is that if your job is being called from, say, a CL program,
it makes it a little difficult, but not impossible.
You will have to figure out a way to use, maybe, the latest SQL services
related to the job log and detect all those CPF or CPI messages and delete
them all.
That's my best guess.

HTH

JS