On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 11:16 AM Sean Courtney <scourtney@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My question.. do you have a python example using pysftp …

I don't have one handy. I used it at my previous job. You can still
find some examples online.

Also, while I mentioned pysftp, I cannot say whether it will work for
everyone, since it's a long-abandoned package. I like(d) pysftp
because it is higher level and simpler than directly using the "real"
package which is doing most of the work: Paramiko.

I kind of hoped there would be a fork or alternative to pysftp by now,
but if there is one, I haven't found it. It's not too hard to use
Paramiko directly. It's actively maintained, well respected, and
should have plenty of examples readily available.

How are you invoking the call to your python script… are you calling it
directly via CLLE or are you running it as a service somewhere.

This is worthy of its own topic. The simplest and most straightforward
way is to call it in a CLP (could be CLLE or not). There are things to
make this more robust, like Richard Schoen's QshOni:

https://github.com/richardschoen/QShOni

Calling Python on IBM i is a very frequently asked question. To those
knowledgeable: Is this covered in a FAQ somewhere? Seems like it ought
to be.

John Y.