From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Bob Schwartz
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2023 10:21 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: QDFTSVR job description question.

Michael thanks for sharing the QMGTOOL SNAP tool tip.
Appears to output just about every detail that you'd need to know about
your system.
Looks like a great recovery tool to have. Thank you,

Bob Schwartz
Director of Technical Services
Glynn County Board of Education
5505 Altama Ave
Brunswick, GA 31525

It?s times like these when someone says ?

?That tells me that at some point the job description had been changed from
the shipped values. I don't recall doing it and don't know who would?.

? That I feel good knowing I?ve run a PRTSYSINF, a SYSSNAP from the MG
TOOLKIT and
I have a custom PRTJOBD CLLE that cranks out a spooled file of every jobd
on our
systems. If anyone wants the code for that, send me an email.

I use ACS ?Printer Output? to pull the spooled files to our LAN for
safekeeping and
reference.

For the SYSSNAP, that output usually goes to IFS ?/tmp?. I use the ACS IFS
feature to
pull the info down to our LAN.

I do this every 6 months or after PTF?s and/or upgrades. or any time
system info
changes.

Respectfully,
Michael Mayer
IBM i on Power System Admin

--
This is a staff email account managed by Glynn County School District.
at https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l<https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l>.