My network people are moving to a new switch. Nothing special about it vs
the old one just newer, my understanding it is configured the same. They
have everything switched to the new switch except for the IBMi. The switch
is not giving out IPs (DHCP) that is done by the active directory. The
IBMi has static IPs.

Note I am not a hardware person so if I got terms wrong work with me.

Currently we have the IBMi CPU with a SANS. Coming out of the back of the
CPU are two cables going to the switch. I assume one is the primary and
the other is the backup. Also coming out of the CPU is a thin cable going
to the SANS. Coming out of the SANS are also two cables going to the
switch. Once again I assume one is the primary and the other is the backup.

What I am trying to figure out is do I need to end any services like TCP/IP
before moving the cables from the old switch to the new switch. Or just
unplug from the old switch and plug into the new switch? Also what testing
would I need to do before/after to ensure everything is working.

A bit confused why the SANS directly connects to the switch but that is
another conversation.