Do you analyze each user's IP address and exactly what ports they use and
outlaw users using DHCP so they have a fixed IP address when they access
business data? Probably not. So I see no need to be more fixated on the
HMC to Power system.
And, yes, I do access the ASMI directly from my PC on occasion, from
various offices, data centers and vpn from home.
We also have a vHMC in each data center, but they can also access the power
systems in the other data center as a backup.

And I truly hate the "If I don't see activity on those ports for X weeks
I'll close them". The network guy did this and now you have to sacrifice
an unblemished goat and two doves to get something opened up that wasn't
used in that time frame - like call home support.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2023 at 5:09 AM Roberto José Etcheverry Romero <