A STRNAM R REFFLD(CHRCTRA030 JDAREF )
A COLHDG('Store Name')
A STADD1 R REFFLD(ADDRESA035 JDAREF )
A COLHDG('Address Line 1')
A STADD2 R REFFLD(ADDRESA035 JDAREF )
A COLHDG('Address Line 2')
A STADD3 R REFFLD(ADDRESA035 JDAREF )
A COLHDG('Address Line 3')
As you can see, It's defined using DDS .
LOCATNP050 is packed(5:0), CHRCTRA030 is char(30), ADDRESA035 is char(35).

DS 'test' is needed because in the programs being converted from fixed to
free format there are lots of KLISTs, which I am trying to convert into DS
to use as %kds, and I think this may cause other problems: when a DS
contains a variable defined with the same name of a database field and no
type/length, the compiler takes only the length from the original database
field, not the type, so the compilation list shows 2 different variables
with the same name and length but different type (packed and zoned). I
think this is another critical point.

Anyway, even after removing the DS 'test' the problem with the procedure
still persists.

The only way I found to have the program compiling and working is to define
a template record with prefixes, and use those prefixed fields as the
'like' argument everywhere in the source code.

Lucia

Il giorno mer 28 dic 2022 alle ore 16:55 Javier Sanchez <