not knowing how your tcp is configured. i do see some tcp and ethernet ptf's out there. this one mentions not seeing packets.
some others mention hardware
i would suspect ibm support checked.

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/ptf/MF70479

does not appear to be on the cumulative.

just spitballing here....
bryan