Y'all

We're moving off of an old Win server, on which people connected with Remote Desktop and used v7 of Access for Windows.

Now we are going to be using a recent Win server and ACS DTFX files. Some of these were run in batch files using the RTOPCB program - I think that's the program. ACS documentation says we can do the newer stuff with acslaunchxxxx.exe.

OK, so the old version ran the transfers without prompting - the only thing showing was the CMD window with some result messages and ECHO stuff. So it was really batch - no interruptions.

With ACS, every one of the DTFX's opens the interface, where we have to click on the button to start the transfer. Our users of many years expect the same behavior.

There are a couple settings - AutoRun and AutoClose (I think) - seems to help with the ACS version - but the TTO/DTF versions had those both set off - and the migrated DTFX also has them off.

Anyone seen this? Anyone have a way to have the old behavior?

OK, if we have to set AutoRun/AutoClose on, then it just runs when double-clicking, too - no way to go back in to edit the DTFX that I've seen, other than with a text editor. What am I missing? Our users sometimes need to change a member name (for things like which month, which customer, etc.), so they need to be able to edit the DTFX.

OK, 'nutha question. I want to restrict what users can do with ACS on this new server. I set the "include" line in the acsconfig.properties file to be only DataXfer - works, when they open ACS, the only thing they see is Data Transfer.

But in this case, how do you add or modify systems? System Manager is not showing.

Finally, we allow several users to connect to this server, and want them to default to their IBM i user profile - anyone with experience using something as a kiosk kind of thing? There are some config settings that use the {USER} flag in the path for the location of things - I've looked through the QuickStart and GettingStarted some, will do more now, but have found those a little incomplete somehow (or my ability to work things out has hit the skids!).

Cheers
Vern